I saw this article—Top 10 Ideas for Eco-Friendly Home Improvements—a while back and thought I’d share with you. If you can find that the environment-friendly solution also saves you money, then I get really excited!
Be sure to read the whole piece because I just pulled my favorite five ideas.
- Every year tons of water gets flushed in your bathrooms. So when you are considering remodeling your home then opt for dual flush in your bathroom. So depending upon the need you can use powerful mode or gentle mode. This step will reduce your yearly water consumption.
- When you want to renovate your flooring then you can go for cork floor. Besides being natural cork flooring is comfortable to walk on and durable. Cork floorings are available in a wide range of designs and colors.
- Instead of replacing entire flooring you can reuse or refinish the existing material. This is easily possible in case you have other type of flooring beneath your wood flooring.
- In case you are opting for carpet tiles then carpet padding is not compulsory. It is better to avoid carpet padding. Avoid padding will reduce the additional material, labor and chemicals used to install. Carpet padding also increases the need to keep your carpet clean and it becomes hard to clean without using harsh chemicals.
- In case you are not going for big renovation then you can simply switch to eco-friendly furnishing. The best way is to purchase used furniture this step will reduce the demand on forest and materials to be made from scratch. Used furniture besides being eco-friendly is also a cost efficient move.