Applying fertilizer on your lawn is one of the best things you can do to keep it healthy. While a simple process, you can still do it better with some expert tips. According to TreillageOnline.com, professional landscapers use various types of techniques to make sure your lawn is the envy of the neighborhood. Read on to learn these five spraying tips for a great lawn.
If you are new to homeownership or landscaping reading further will be a long-term investment for your property.
1. Make Sure to Read the Label
Having a fresh, green lawn gives your home instant curb appeal. However, when you are buying a lawn treatment product understand what it does and does not do.
Read the label thoroughly. Check out the droplet size. A good choice might be 250-micron droplets for all types of sprays that will cover many types of plants, including the mid-length ones.
The proper application may not take more than 15 gallons per acre. When you read the labels, you will learn some good tips about the best ways to spray and which plants and grasses fit the treatment best.
2. Choose Non-Toxic Ingredients
Oftentimes, lawn treatment products are made from biodegradable and non-toxic ingredients. These won’t harm your grasses or any animals that might eat them.
Manufacturers often use pulverized kaolin, decayed plants, etc. to create these types of non-toxic lawn sprays. Most good color sprays last for 2 to 3 months depending on the growth of your grass and how often you mow your lawn.
3. You Can Make a DIY Grass Spray
You can make your own DIY grass spray to enhance your own lawn. Typically a 16-ounce bottle will cover 300 square feet of your lawn. If you buy it from a store, it generally costs around $25. Making your own will save you money!
Another option is to make your own! Here’s a formula from the link above:
DIY Lawn Fertilizer
- 1 can of non-diet soda
- 1 can beer ½ cup (118 mL)
- dish soap (NOT antibacterial)
- ½ cup (118 mL) ammonia
- ½ cup (118 mL) mouthwash
- 10 gallons (38 L) of water
It’s best to do it when the weather is sunny, and there is no wind. Also, make sure to spray a test area first, in a less visible part of your yard.
4. Lawn Tips for Every Homeowner
Here are some miscellaneous spraying tips for a great lawn:
- Let’s start by wearing gloves. You don’t want any coloring to affect your skin. Some people might even have an allergic reaction, depending on the ingredients of the spray.
- Consider wearing a facemask to avoid harmful odors.
- If it’s a windy day, maybe wear goggles to make sure you don’t get any in your eyes.
- Don’t apply the lawn treatment during extreme heat. As we mentioned above, read the label for more specific temperature recommendations.
- Another thing is that don’t think that your lawn should not be watered right after the treatment. Your lawn will definitely need water at some point, just not immediately following the treatment.
5. Talk to a Professional Lawn Expert
Most landscaping companies offer a lawn treatment service. But they can be quite expensive, depending on where you live and the size of your yard.
People who like to save money often choose lawn care as a great DIY project. But what if you try it on your own for a while and your lawn looks terrible? It might be time to search for “lawn care services near me” and take advantage of a lawncare professional like the ones at TruGreen. Hopefully, they will do a great job and stand behind their work for any needed follow-up visits.
These all 5 spraying tips for a great lawn will help you get an active and better grass field. For another question, drop it in the comment box below.